“The Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) employee resource group at Microsoft UK are committed to embracing diversity and inclusion both internally and externally through the communities we serve. The BAME group at Microsoft are honoured and delighted to be this year’s headline sponsor at the BYA Awards, this prestigious event and its overall purpose aligns very closely to our own goals and strategies.
Raising positive awareness of our black youth in this country and celebrating their accomplishments and achievements serves to highlight their amazing talent, intelligence, abilities and skills that typically go unnoticed in the national media.
We are proud to be part of this great cause and incredible journey and we wish all the award winners and nominees a bright and successful future.”
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Global Diversity and Inclusion are integral to the vision, strategy, and business success of Microsoft. Microsoft officially formed the Office of Diversity & Inclusion in recognition of the fact that leadership in the global marketplace requires a corporate culture and an inclusive business environment where the best and brightest diverse minds—employees with varied perspectives, skills, and experiences—work together to meet consumer demands. During the past few years, we have accomplished the following:
- Developed a cohesive Global Diversity & Inclusion strategy linked to the company’s business and vision
- Strengthened global perspective and integration of this diversity strategy across the company
- Enhanced leadership engagement with the chief executive officer (CEO) and executive diversity sponsors
- Improved overall quality and accuracy of diversity data in the U.S. and globally
- Increased portfolio of diversity and inclusion training tools and courses.
Our results demonstrate that the collaboration of different cultures, ideas, and perspectives is an organizational asset and yields greater creativity and innovation. Global diversity and inclusion are business critical to the current and long-term success of Microsoft.